Friday, February 5, 2010

Can I hold the baby mice yet?

They have fur and are walking around. Their ears are open, and there eyes are kind-of half open. I'm not 100% sure how old they are since the babies were unexpected. I don't wanna scare the mom, can I hold them or should I wait?Can I hold the baby mice yet?
i would just start putting my hand in the cage for a few days. just gently lay your hand in their and let the mom get used to you in the cage and also the babies will get used to you being around.





Hope i helped! =DCan I hold the baby mice yet?
if you know when the babies where born, wait two weeks. When my mouse had a unexpected birth (i got two girls but there must have been a male in the cage at the pet store) i left the cage completely alone expect for food and water. After two and a half weeks i clean them out and the baby was weaned, eyes fully open, basically a mini adults and everything went fine and i started hand taming her.





If you are not sure wait another week and everything should be fine. Nothing bad is gunna happen if you wait, but if you start too early then you risk the mothers attack on the babies. On what you said about the eyes i'd wait another week.
Be careful, if you hold the babies too early, as soon as you put them back in the mum will eat them...





best to wait until they are completely independant from their mum - mice are usually fully grown between 6-8 weeks, and youll know cos they will be very independant of their mum, running around, eyes wide open, etc.



I don't know much about mice...But rats you can start holding them from day two! Your baby mice are probably somewhere at about 15 days old ( I think, rats would be if there eyes are half open).


I hope this helps you!!
i would start holding them to help get them socialized

No comments:

Post a Comment