Sunday, February 7, 2010

Do hamsters and mice get along?

I might be getting a hamster but i already have a mouse. I just wanted to know if it was ok if i kept them in the same cage togher?Do hamsters and mice get along?
I have a hamster and some mice myself, and I would strongly advise against putting them together in the same cage. It really doesn't matter what kind of species each type of pet are, even if it says that they get along with others. Whenever I bring my hamster near my mice, she tries to bite their ears off and she's supposed to be gentle. So I would defintely say buy two separate cages for two separate rodent families.





And also, if you plan on getting more than one hamster because you don't want it to be lonely in a cage by itself, make sure that it is not a Syrian type as they do not like having cage-mates and often will attack each other.Do hamsters and mice get along?
Definitely not.





You should never mix species.


Hamsters especially, because they're territorial even with their own kind. Male mice have also been known to be very territorial and will even kill other males in the same habitat. So no, definitely do not house them together. Or any other two types of animal.
I wouldn't recommend it,


Most probably they will end up fighting to the death,


If i were you i would get the hamster a different cage,


Mainly because hamsters are solitary,


Here is a useful link on hamster care,


http://www.petsathome.com/advice/smallpe鈥?/a>





Good luck
I've never heard of people keeping them together. The problem with hamsters are that they are very territorial and aggressive so I don't think that it would be a very good idea at all. Call a pet store and ask them on their suggestions on it before you purchase one just incase something bad happens.
No! One will end up dead for sure! Mice are somewhat terretorial and will probably attack the hamster. Hamsters are solitary animals and don't like companionship. So, get different cages, they won't get along.
For the sake of your poor animals DO NOT PUT THE ANIMALS IN THE SAME CAGE!
No, they will make each other sick. one or the other will most likely get territorial and it would end badly.
NOPE.....................

No comments:

Post a Comment