Friday, February 12, 2010

I have a several birdfeeders and am finding that I have many mice that are coming out at night.?

I've been using a .177 pellet gun to shoot them, but that requires me staying up at night! Perhaps De-Con is the way??I have a several birdfeeders and am finding that I have many mice that are coming out at night.?
They're probably eating the seeds that fall to the ground. Don't use D-Con because other animals are also doing the same thing. Like rabbits. Don't like mice, get a cat.I have a several birdfeeders and am finding that I have many mice that are coming out at night.?
If your feeders are on poles (metal) grease the poles, that might help. Don't use the De-Con, like everyone else has stated. If your feeders are on tree limbs then i don't see that you have a choice, just let the little critters eat the seed.
I would suggest you just clean up the excess seed every few days. Don't put down any poison- other small animals could eat it ( including the birds) and die a horrible death.


If you have any pets like dogs or cats , it could kill them, too.


All those mice are food for the various raptor type birds like owls ( that hunt at night ) and hawks, too. Unless they start moving into your house, I'd just let nature take care of their numbers, and give a raptor a meal!
mice LOVE bird seed. they'll eat that stuff like crazy! squirrells, too!
Mice reproduce at an astonishing rate. I had started out with two pet mice and in a months time had 26. Try snakes or predators of mice. Or De-Con.
  • no credit check loan
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment