Friday, February 5, 2010

What stood out to you or seems memorable in the book of mice and men?

also, why is its message important to you? why did you like it?


would you recommend it to others? who/why?





please help me..What stood out to you or seems memorable in the book of mice and men?
What stood out...probably the last scenes where Lennie dies or when Curleys wife dies...


...I think Curleys wife is the most interesting character as she has many layers of interpretation and shows us the historical context of the novel.


...the message is important as it shows how unrealistic some dreams can be and how we do treat outsiders in society, nt just in the 1930'3 but in present day too...


...yes i would recomend it to others.What stood out to you or seems memorable in the book of mice and men?
Of Mice and Men is one of my all-time favourite novels. What stood out to me was how Steinbeck was able to convey such a moving message, and form such a bond between the reader and Lennie, in such a short novel.


The book actually made me cry, and for me represented the power of true friendship. I would definitely recommend it to others; mostly those who are older (teens and up) because it really is a classic, and is a great introduction to the works of Steinbeck.
What stood out? Most likely where Lenny got shot in the face. The important values it taught me were that most people were unimaginative, obnoxious, or manipulative jerks, who usually got what was coming to them. Well, actually, that's a lie...no they didn't, not most of them, anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment