Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Mice build nest in my engine. Eat lining out of hood heat shield. What can expect from insurance co?

I have $100 deductible for vandalism, and other stuff. $500 deductible for collision. Of course, I will take car to insurance and show them the damage. But what should I expect? This is nice car, and shield needs to be replaced. '04 Corvette Convertible.





If you know, will my insurance rate go up if I file this claim to replace this heat shield?Mice build nest in my engine. Eat lining out of hood heat shield. What can expect from insurance co?
Oh for crying out loud! These answers run from the sublime to the ridiculous! It's covered under your comprehensive coverage if there is proof that it's not wear and tear, and it's really due to rodents eating through it. It is subject to your deductible, and comprehensive claims do not normally by themselves have any effect on your policy. Report it and see what they say. I am not sure about State Farm, but my company has covered such losses. You can read your policy to see if any exclusion applies if you are so inclined.Mice build nest in my engine. Eat lining out of hood heat shield. What can expect from insurance co?
Don't expect ant thing from Insurance Company in this regard.
thay will try to get out of paying


or pay as littel as posibal thare will be more damage than just what you can c


thay chue on every thing
Nothing. That heat shield will probably cost less than your deductible to replace. Even if it's twice as much, the premium increase could offset any ';savings'; from filing a claim.





You can probably find one in a junkyard for next to nothing.
either let it go it's just sound proofing it won't hurt any thing and if you go to the ins co. they will put it on recored and it will go against you in your file
Depends on your ins co. State Farm is not one of the more generous ones, but it won't hurt to call and find out. Comprehensive insurance might pay for it. My own Ins co doesn't raise rates for Comprehensive claims, but State Farm may be different. I would also get some appraisals to see how expensive it's going to be. If it's close to your deductable, you might as well just do it yourself and leave the Co out of it.
Nothing as insurance doesn't pertain to such things

No comments:

Post a Comment