Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Is this an ok place to store firewood? To prevent pest(insects and mice)?

I just had fire wood delivered and I had the guy stack the logs on my deck. The deck in about 8ft off the ground and is supported between the house and the garage. The width is about 5ft between the two buldings and I hve it stacke against the rails closest to the garage.





I read the you should keep the wood as far away as possible from your home and to keep it off the ground to prevent pest (mice and insects). Id this a good or bad place to stack this wood? The deck has a half inch gap between the bords so it gets plenty of ventilation under it, plus beneth the deck is a open concrete floor area. Please let me know so I may make plans on moving it if I need to. Thanks.Is this an ok place to store firewood? To prevent pest(insects and mice)?
I've never had a problem with pests in wood (although I do handle it with gloves when I bring it in, just in case). If it's well-ventilated it's probably too drafty for mice to use it for a nesting area. The other consideration I would have is whether or not you live in an area that's prone to fires (forest or grass fires). If you are in such an area, then it is best to store dry firewood away from the house in order to keep the house safe in the event of a fire. You can keep a small amount on your deck that could be moved away quickly should fire threaten, but so that you wouldn't have to walk a long way EVERY time you want a few pieces. It's definitely worth walking a little further to have a safe home.Is this an ok place to store firewood? To prevent pest(insects and mice)?
Two thoughts:





1. The farther away from the house you store it, the farther you have to carry it.





2. The mice prefer your nice warm cupboards. The insects are already in the wood, which you will soon carry to your woodbox indoors.





Bottom line: this is a fine place to store firewood.
You can get rid of mosquitoes by using pest control.


Glue traps are the best method to trap rat %26amp; mice.


I found the information at http://www.pests.in
It's fine. leave it there.

No comments:

Post a Comment