Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Mice everywhere! How can I get rid of them!?

All of a sudden, my home is being overrun by mice. A couple days ago, I thought i saw a pest scamper across my kitchen and I set out a glue trap. To my horrendous surprise, there were TWO mice stuck on the trap the next day. Thinking I had caught all of them, I didn't think about it again until the next day when lo and behold I saw another one shooting out from under my bed. I set out another glue trap and the next morning TWO more mice were stuck on the trap, writhing and screeching for their lives. (extremely distrubing sight) Where are these mice coming from all of a sudden?! How can I get rid of these pests?


Because I have a pet rabbit, I do not want to set out any posion or any dangerous traps, in case he manages to escape his cage and gets himself hurt. I am especially skeptical of the device using hi-frequency sound b/c of my pet.


Please anyone out there, are there any safe yet effecient ways I can get my house rid of these critters? Any and all help is greatly appreciated!Mice everywhere! How can I get rid of them!?
You are on the right track. We have had problems with field mice for years. The glue traps are the most effective method we have found. I don't like to use poisons either because you don't have any control as to where they will die.





When we catch one, I put it in a plastic shopping bag, trap and all, and give it a good whack on the floor. It sound cruel, but it think letting them struggle to death on the trap is crueler, and the whack will put them out of their misery.Mice everywhere! How can I get rid of them!?
The safest and best way to rid your home of mice is to get a couple cats. Mice will leave your home when they descover you have cats. The cats will catch and kill, sometimes eat, the mice as they catch them. The scent of a cat will cause some mice to run befor the cat catches them.
keep doing the glue traps place them all over the house in closets along walls thats how they like to travel. you will see droppings from them keep your kitchen clean dont leave food out, even dog food. someone might be doing construction in the area that usually works them up out of the ground make sure you keep all outside doors closed tightly especially if you have sliding glass doors
You can get a cat. This works great.


I had a cat for four years and never saw a mouse inside the house. After the cat died we all of a sudden had mice problems. So we got another cat. Soon after she caught a few, we never saw them again... I think the mice pickup the scent of a cat and go away.
have you thought about getting a cat
If there were 2 there will be more, they have found a way to get in, fill any holes w/ steel wool.





I also have a pet rabbit, so I understand, we live in a holey farm house and I am terified of mice.





We use Mousetreat posion(it dries the bodies up so they don't stink) and corner/live traps w/ posion in them so my precious bunny is safe.





Hope this helps. Good luck
  • Electric Scooter
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment